The Cincinnati Business Courier has announced the finalists for our 2019 Health Care Heroes awards.
These annual awards honor individuals and organizations that have improved the quality of health care in Greater Cincinnati through medical expertise, research and innovation, management skills, entrepreneurial initiatives, community outreach and patient care.
The finalists will be honored and winners announced at an awards dinner 6-9 p.m. Feb. 21 at the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, 151 W. Fifth St., downtown. Click here for registration information.
The finalists in six categories are:
- Avondale Internal Medicine, Mercy Health
- Jeanette Altenau, TriHealth
- Hopple Street Neighborhood Health Center, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- Kathy Ison-Lind, Episcopal Retirement Services
- Dr. Alberto Maldonado, Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
- Theresa Vietor, St. Elizabeth Healthcare
- Nancy Eigel-Miller, 1N5
- Dr. James Essell, Oncology Hematology Care Inc.
- Sam Privitera, AtriCure
- Dr. Suresh Nayak, OrthoVitals
- Dr. Charuhas Thakar, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine/UC Health
- Thomas Gruber, CareStar Inc.
- Daniel Hassett, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Dr. Lisa Larkin, Ms. Medicine
- Ray Takigiku, Bexion Pharmaceuticals
- Paul Adams, Mercy Health
- Stephanie Deaton, Our Family Home
- Dr. Thomas Herzog, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine/UC Health
- Cathy King, Oncology Hematology Inc.
- Dr. Patrick Meade, St. Elizabeth Healthcare
- Greer Glazer, University of Cincinnati College of Nursing
- Judi Godsey, Christ Hospital Health Network
- Kathy Jennings, St. Elizabeth Healthcare
- Dr. Nita Walker, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine/UC Health
- Aimee Brown and Andy Guinigundo, Oncology Hematology Inc.
- Dr. John Cafardi, Christ Hospital Health Network
- Dr. Michael Gieske, St. Elizabeth Healthcare
- Dr. Rhonna Shatz, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine/UC Health
- Dr. Chris Tuell, Lindner Center of Hope/UC Health
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center trauma and emergency medicine teams, UC Health