Job Posting: Social Media Manager (Part Time Position)
Help promote optimal mental health for all through education, awareness, and stigma reduction
The Social Media Manager will work closely with and support 1N5’s mission through marketing and design planning in order to display cohesive campaigns and maintain 1N5’s authentic brand on all social platforms. This individual must have an interest and passion for the mental health education arena.
The ideal candidate is proficient in various social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok and LInkedin, as well as various design and scheduling tools such as Hootsuite, Over, Canva, UNUM, Inconoquare, etc..
Reports to: Executive Director
- Create social media content, including copy, graphics, captions, and scheduling
- Remain true to 1N5’s authentic storytelling voice and social branding
- Design and execute monthly and annual marketing plans via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Tiktok
- Develop plans for growth and new avenues for content collaborations
- Initiate and establish partnerships and collaborations with other organizations and influencers
- Coordinate digital engagement programs and campaigns
- Recruit individuals and influencers to engage in stigma reduction storytelling, takeovers, podcast, etc.
- Schedule social media events and communicate effectively with content guests
- Identify current mental health topics and trends on social platforms
- Interact with other relevant and related accounts to improve reach and build relationships
- Recruit, hire, train and manage the Social Media Coordinator and associated responsibilities, including: weekly donor newsletter, podcast, blog, etc.
- Organize and track Social Interaction Team participation
- Respond in a timely manner to direct messages and emails
- Attend occasional events to gather content and graphics for use on social platforms
- Brainstorm and strategically plan social media and programming concepts that fit the organization’s goals
- Plan overall feed distribution, themed content and resources for posts and stories
- Attend weekly planning meetings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of all social media platforms and modalities including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reels, Tiktok, etc.
- Optimal organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Team-oriented, also able to work well independently
- Self-driven and motivated
- Proficient graphic design skills
- Demonstrates empathy and compassion
- Knowledge and understanding of Google Analytics and insights
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be trustworthy and reliable
- Must possess a professional demeanor and operate on tight deadlines
- 4+ years of non-profit social media management
Non-profit Organization Management
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, requirements or expectations of this position. 1N5 reserves the right to revise or amend this description based on business needs or changes to the work environment.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV/Resume and cover letter to Nancy Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must include their social media handles and snapshots of any social media accounts from previous work experiences. Please state clearly how you would bring your knowledge, skills, and experience to the role of 1N5 Social Media Manager.
No phone calls, please.