Learn About Mental Health.
Mental health is a national issue that impacts people of all ages, demographics and income.
The facts on mental health conditions in our country are astounding.
- 20% of youth ages 13-18 live with a mental health condition
- 1 in 5 adults experience a mental illness in a given year
- 1 in 25 people live with a serious mental illness
- 10.2 million adults have co-occuring mental health and addiction disorders
- Depression is the leading cause of disability nationwide
- Serious illness costs us $193.2 billion a year in lost wages
- 90% of people that die by suicide have an underlying mental illness
Help yourself or someone you love by learning more about mental health. Get a start by checking out the resources below and start the conversation.
The Mental Health Foundation, the leading UK charity in mental health, goes beyond the answer: “I’m fine”.
ABC News’ Robin Roberts interviews Naomi Judd on her ‘debilitating’ depression, how it affected her relationships with her daughters and how she made steps to change her life.