Join our team to help us promote optimal mental health for all through education, awareness, and stigma reduction
At this time we do not have any internship positions available. Please check back in early November for spring opportunities.
The mission of 1N5 is to prevent suicide by erasing the stigma of mental illness and promoting optimal mental wellness. Our vision is for a community with optimal mental health for all. A large amount of our work focuses on youth. 75% of all mental illness develops before the age of 24 and we cannot help youth without involving youth. We believe YOU will change the conversation.
Our internship program is aimed towards college students with interests in social media and marketing, graphic design, policy and research, and event coordination and businesses development. A general interest or understanding of mental health is not necessary but is a plus. All internship positions are hands-on learning experiences. We strive to prepare and shape young talent to work in the social sector. Interns will leave their position at 1N5 with quantifiable outcomes to add to their resumes and with tangible skill sets to support their future careers.
Interning with 1N5 means:
- Experience: all interns are expected to lead projects and work in their designated content area. Personal interests are encouraged, and individual ideas for the work are fostered and supported. 1N5 works with class requirements as necessary to provide opportunities for interns to create work products and outputs to achieve class credit.
- Relationships and networking: all interns are invited to participate in various events in the community where they interact with individuals from Cincinnati’s mental health and philanthropic communities, along with policy makers, and influential partners.
- Growth: all interns receive a wide range of experience and have access to staff members who coach, teach, and develop practical skills to supplement collegiate education.
- Community: all interns are part of a collaborative team of other interns working toward the same goal in various capacities.
- Leadership opportunities: 1N5 follows a team orientated approach which allows interns great autonomy over their work which supports resume growth and professional development.
All interns are expected to work at least 10 hours per week. It is preferable if the intern is available for two consecutive semesters. If for some reason this is not possible for you, but you are interested, please reach out to our team to discuss.
There are no internship positions open at this time. Please check back in the fall for spring opportunities.