Learn About Mental Health.
Mental health is a national issue that impacts people of all ages, demographics and income.
The facts on mental health conditions in our country are astounding. Our ongoing goal is to spread awareness and education about the wide variety of mental health issues so that we may change the stigma surrounding mental health. Help yourself or someone you love by learning more about mental health. Get a start by checking out the resources below and start the conversation.
Signs & Symptoms.
Help yourself or someone you love by learning more.
- Excessive worry or anxiety, for instance fighting to avoid bed or school
- Extreme mood changes, including uncontrollable “highs” or feelings of euphoria
- Prolonged or strong feelings of irritability or anger
- Difficulty perceiving reality (delusions or hallucinations, in which a person experiences and senses things that don’t exist in objective reality)
- Abuse of substances like alcohol or drugs
- Contemplating or thinking about suicide
- Inability to carry out daily activities or handle daily problems and stress
- Very sad or withdrawn for more than 2 weeks (ex: crying regularly, feeling fatigued, feeling unmotivated)
- Not eating, throwing up or using laxatives to lose weight; significant weight loss or gain
- Out of control, risk taking behaviors that can cause harm to self or others
- Drastic changes in behavior, personality, sleeping habits
- Withdraw from friends, family, and regular activities
- Violent or rebellious behavior, running away
- Unusual neglect of personal appearance
- Persistent boredom, difficulty concentrating, or a decline in the quality of schoolwork
- Frequent complaints about physical symptoms, often related to emotions, such as stomach aches, headaches, fatigue, etc.
- Not tolerating praise or rewards
The Mental Health Foundation, the leading UK charity in mental health, goes beyond the answer: “I’m fine”.
ABC News’ Robin Roberts interviews Naomi Judd on her ‘debilitating’ depression, how it affected her relationships with her daughters and how she made steps to change her life.
Start the Conversation.
Together we will make a positive and lasting change.
Join us in changing the paradigm. Let’s shout it loudly that things need to change! Let’s start talking!
JAMES & DELROSE EIGEL