The mission of 1N5 is to promote optimal mental health for all through education, awareness, and stigma reduction. Our vision is for a community with optimal mental health for all. A large amount of our work focuses on youth as 75% of all mental illness develops before the age of 24. The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the general day-to-day operations of the organization including but not limited to, marketing, communications, events and fundraising, and staff development. The ultimate goal of the Operations Manager will be to support and advance the organizational success of 1N5 through the management of internal logistics.
- Manage day to day operations of the office.
- Create communication materials including but not limited to press releases, handouts and newsletters for students, parents and teachers, educational materials, fundraising materials, web content, email blasts, and social media messaging.
- Edit and review outgoing materials and external communications.
- Create advocacy materials.
- Manage a team of interns. Provide supervision, feedback, and support.
- Work closely with social media personnel to develop and maintain a marketing communications calendar, and subsequent content.
- Oversee the operation of large events, in connection with the Executive Director, including but not limited to The Warrior Run and Spring4Life.
- Organize community convening.
- Provide support for grant proposal writing and submission as needed.
- Provide support for evaluation efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Illustrator
- Proficient in editing WordPress websites and blog platforms, and various social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Excellent grammar and punctuation skills. Editorial experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and an eagerness to interact with all community members
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Ability to organize, execute, and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Professional judgment and discretion, the ability to handle confidential information and situations.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- A sense of urgency and ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and dedication to a team-based work environment.
- A passion and interest in improving the state of youth mental health.
Bachelor’s degree in the following is preferred: communications, marketing, public relations, non-profit management or a related field.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV or Resume (no more than two pages) along with a cover letter (no more than 550 words) to info@1N5.org.