Job Posting: Development Director
1N5 has an opportunity to join our enthusiastic team fighting to normalize the conversation about mental illness. We are seeking a Development Director to develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan building on the successes we have experienced so far in our 11 years. This professional will be responsible for designing, implementing, evaluating, and refining 1N5’s development activities. Expanding on our development foundation, the ideal candidate will have experience in annual giving, special event coordination including solicitation of sponsors and volunteers, individual giving cultivation and stewardship. This person will serve as a primary solicitor and point of contact with major donors, corporate, foundation and individual prospects and investors.
- Represent 1N5 through public speaking engagements, interacting with donors and key stakeholders in the community and present network of donors and volunteers..
- Identify and research prospective individual and corporate donors and develop and execute strategies to cultivate and steward those relationships
- Create and develop ongoing communications strategy to corporate, foundation, and individual donors keeping them informed and engaged in the work of 1N5; this includes conducting necessary research to inform the written and online communications.
- Data Management – record, track, generate appropriate correspondence, create reports and maintain data on all donors, prospects and volunteers
- Working with Executive Director, Board Committee and fundraising team, develop annual goals, strategies and timelines to ensure continued success of program.
- Work with event teams and volunteers to plan and execute two special events including our Signature Warrior Run and our Spring4Life gala generating over $340,000
- Passion for 1N5’s mission and comfort communicating on topics of mental health
- Evidence of successful, progressive advancement in fund raising
- Growth mindset; a transparent, collaborative, and confident leadership style
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to think strategically, set challenging and appropriate goals
- Proactive and take ownership of getting outcomes
- Creative thinking to explore new opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with a minimum of five years of relevant experience
Submit a cover letter and CV or Resume to info@1N5.org.
No phone calls, please.