Help promote optimal mental health for all through education, awareness, and stigma reduction
The Marketing and Social Media Assistant will provide support to both 1N5’s Social Media Manager and Development Manager. This is a combined and overlapping position working in the social media and marketing/development areas. This individual’s primary role will be offering strategic support of 1N5’s authentic brand, voice, and growing social media presence while assisting in our marketing and development endeavors. 1N5’s mission is to prevent suicide by erasing the stigma of mental illness and promoting optimal mental. We act as a resource for youth, school staff, parents, and caregivers on youth mental health and mental illness. As such, passion for our mission is essential to this role.
As Social Media Assistant (reporting to the Social Media Manager):
- Curate digital content based on specific topics and themes related to mental wellness and suicide prevention
- Utilize discovery platforms to identify and connect with other like-minded social media accounts
- Identify trending mental health topics and influencers for future collaborations
- Create visual content for social media platforms with emphasis on TikTok and Reels
- Use social media in conjunction with our development team to highlight donors and sponsors
- Collect and compile data to report monthly social media analytics for all platforms
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Support Social Media Manager in developing and executing growth strategies
- Attend monthly strategic planning and teambuilding events
- Support blog and podcast content as needed
As Marketing Assistant (reporting to the Development Manager):
- Create and manage multiple newsletters designed for specific target audiences
- Send gift Acknowledgements to individual donors, sponsors and grantors
- Assist in planning and overseeing general event logistics with 1N5 staff and volunteers.
- Represent 1N5 by interacting with donors and key stakeholders at community, corporate, and civic events.
- Help manage volunteer database and engage volunteers as needed
- Research and potentially be a point of contact for media outlets to promote 1N5 and our mission
- Prepare press releases for events, sponsorships, grants and community partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of all social media platforms and modalities including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reels, Tiktok, etc.
- Optimal organizational skills and ability to prioritize based on deadlines
- Team-oriented, yet self-driven
- Creative and innovative graphic design skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Google Analytics and insights
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates empathy, compassion and an authentic interest in mental health
Non-profit Organization Management
Part-Time – 20-30 hours per week
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, requirements or expectations of this position. 1N5 reserves the right to revise or amend this description based on business needs or changes to the work environment.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV/Resume and cover letter to info@1N5.org. Applicants must include their social media handles and snapshots of any social media accounts from previous work experiences. Please state clearly how you would bring your knowledge, skills, and experience to the role of 1N5 Social Media Assistant.
No phone calls, please.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.