Job Posting: Development and Grants Manager
Help promote optimal mental health for all through education, awareness, and stigma reduction
The Development and Grants Manager will support the work of 1N5 in decreasing youth suicide, by acting as the organizational point person for fundraising. This individual will serve as a primary solicitor and point of contact with major donors, corporate, foundation and individual supporters.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation, corporate, and government sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate giving and foundation grants.
- Work with Executive Director to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including working with 1N5 team to provide regular written updates (newsletters, etc.) to corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
- Make appointments for Executive Director with foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees, etc.).
- Maintain funding records in grants database, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Work with team to track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship.
- Work with Executive Director and Fundraising team to develop fundraising strategies and execution.
- Work with Event team to develop fundraising goals, deliverables and donor development.
- Plan and oversee general event logistics with Development staff.
- Represent the institution by interacting with donors and key stakeholders at community, corporate, and civic events.
- Communicate organizational history and programs.
- A transparent, collaborative, and confident leadership style.
- A friendly, outward facing personality – eager to engage with colleagues and donors.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to successfully manage several priorities on a regular basis.
- Comfortable with occasional last-minute deadlines and quickly changing information and projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience managing deadlines and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Passion for 1N5’s mission and comfort communicating on topics of mental health.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Previous experience with grant writing and/or nonprofit fundraising
- Previous experience with grants management software (not mandatory)
Non-profit Organization Management
How to Apply:
Please email your CV or Resume (no more than two pages) along with a cover letter (no more than 550 words) to info@1N5.org. No phone calls, please.