Job Posting: Grant Writer – consultant (as needed)
Help promote optimal mental health for all through education, awareness, and stigma reduction
The Grant Writer serves as the organizational point person for grant writing. The position is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and managing grants from foundations and government entities. This position acts as an external ambassador for the organization.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Serve as a primary solicitor and point of contact for foundations and government entities.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation, corporate, and government sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundation, corporate and government grants.
- Work with Executive Director to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Make appointments for Executive Director with foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees, etc.).
- Maintain funding records in grants database, including grant tracking and reporting.
- A transparent, collaborative, and confident leadership style.
- A friendly, outward facing personality – eager to engage with colleagues and donors.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to successfully manage several priorities on a regular basis.
- Comfortable with occasional last-minute deadlines and quickly changing information and projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience managing deadlines and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Passion for 1N5’s mission and comfort communicating on topics of mental health.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Previous experience with grant writing and/or nonprofit fundraising
- Previous experience with grants management software (not mandatory)
Non-profit Organization Management
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, requirements or expectations of this position. 1N5 reserves the right to revise or amend this description based on business needs or changes to the work environment.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV or Resume (no more than two pages) along with a cover letter (no more than 550 words) to info@1N5.org. No phone calls, please.