If You’ve Been Feeling Off Lately, It Is Okay!

Has anyone else been feeling emotionally drained lately and not quite like yourself? I have been feeling like my equilibrium has been off for some time. And it gets really frustrating when I don’t have the same enthusiasm for things I usually love doing, like let’s say my mental health speaking job. But I have to remember that I have …

You’ve Already Done the Work, Now It’s Time to Shine

I think about 95% of my life in terms of track meets and practices. All of the preparation, the hard work, the tears, the frustration, the anxiety, the rush of success, all of it. I haven’t ran competitively in years, but I still feel those feelings all of the time. My coach used to say a lot ot things but …

Some Days We Struggle, That’s Okay

I was at a NAMI support group the other night as they always bring in guest speakers. At the end of the speech, which turned into more of a discussion, one of the attendees told me I should be a motivational speaker and another told me I should write. I chuckled because I currently do both of those things. The …

You Can Feel Your Feelings And Still Be Strong

Being strong doesn’t mean you are always happy or that you are hiding your feelings, appearing to the outside world that you are okay. Even though that is what society tells us being strong means, being strong actually means having the faith in hard times, but still allowing yourself to feel how you feel. Being strong means having the courage …

Find Your Peaks of Sunshine Through the Rain

There was a track meet we had in high school and I remember the day before freaking out to my teammates that it was going to rain, which in my eyes, would ruin the entire meet. The weather forecast said there was an 75% chance of rain. And I remember my teammate saying, “well there’s a 25% chance it won’t …

You Are Worthy of Your Tomorrow

I remember so clearly a question that was asked during one of my speeches. The question that was asked was, “Do you think you’ve won your fight?”. He asked me that question because during my speeches, I always focus on reminding each of us that we are worthy of this fight for our lives. And after sharing my story of …